Skilled Litigator Advocating for Your Rights
Providing unique solutions tailored to your individual needs
When going through any legal issue, it is imperative that you are represented by a lawyer with the skills and knowledge you need to be successful. The Berger Law Firm is a focused legal advocacy firm that helps businesses, corporations, professionals, healthcare providers, practices, institutions and lawyers solve diverse and challenging issues in many areas of law. With years of real-world experience and a dedication to protecting your rights, we are prepared to resolve your legal dispute with efficiency and integrity.
Knowledgeable lawyer bringing peace of mind during a legal dispute
A legal dispute, whether civil or criminal, has the potential to greatly impact your life. That is why, when you turn to our firm, you will get a lawyer who:
- Understands the stress and disruption that litigation can cause our clients. We resolutely advocate on your behalf, doing everything we can to get you the results you need in a timely manner.
- We are well-positioned to litigate disputes using a personalized approach. We work closely with our clients to develop an individualized strategy, analyzing every option and exploring all possibilities.
- We have successfully advocated on behalf of various clients in the courtroom and boardroom.
- Based on the individual needs of the client, we have the ability to either assert your interests by advising or negotiating to settle a dispute, or vigorously and zealously advancing your position in hearings, inquests, inquiries, administrative tribunals, courts or for any appeals.
We are dedicated to resolving your legal issues and helping you plan for the future.
Handling a wide range of legal issues in Canada and New York
We have experience handling cases in many different legal areas, including:
- Administrative law. Administrative hearings involve many specific rules, regulations and procedures. We have extensive experience with these agencies and can help you through the legal process.
- Civil litigation. We are equipped to represent clients on both sides of personal injury and business litigation matters. We welcome clients with diverse civil litigation issues, from the simple to the complex.
- Health Law. We are dedicated to helping both patients and medical professionals resolve healthcare-related legal issues. We understand the complexities of the healthcare system and are prepared to help you.
- Criminal defense. If you have been charged with a crime, you need an assertive criminal defense attorney on your side to defend your rights. We work to get your charges reduced or dropped or represent you vigorously at trial and raise every possible relevant issue to achieve results.
- Sports and entertainment law. Our sports and entertainment law firm acts as an agent for professional athletes, amateur athletes, actors, performers and musicians by helping to negotiate contracts and facilitate a return to sport or performance after injury or illness.
While we help many clients in several areas of law, we have specialized expertise on any legal issues involving health, science or medicine in civil, administrative or criminal law.
We also provide independent legal advice to clients who are already represented or have appointed counsel (e.g. doctors, healthcare providers, professionals), and act as clients’ co-counsel when the client may have the benefits of another lawyer’s assistance.
Ken J. Berger has been elected and re-elected as Vice President and Board of Governors for the World Association of Medical Law since 2010.
Ken J. Berger has appeared before all courts in Ontario, including the Court of Appeal, the Federal Courts, and sought leave on a case to the Supreme Court of Canada. He has appeared as Counsel in most administrative tribunals and assisted before Professional Colleges, Hospitals and Universities. In 2015, he was admitted as a lawyer to the United States Supreme Court, in Washington, DC, and is admitted to the Federal District Court in the Western District of New York.
Before establishing his own firm, Ken J. Berger worked at two pre-eminent, top tier law firms in civil litigation, administrative law and criminal defense in both Canada and the United States, of which five members were Fellows of the American College of Trial Lawyers, in medical malpractice (the defense of physicians, nurses, allied health and hospitals), personal injury, product liability, civil litigation, business litigation, intellectual property litigation, contractual litigation, constitutional litigation, elder, mental health and estate litigation, employment litigation, criminal defense (including the defense of health care practitioners) and administrative litigation.
Contact an experienced litigator today
If you are facing a legal dispute, turn to the Berger Law Firm for assistance. Call 416-356-9919 or contact us online today. We represent clients in Ontario, in all reciprocal provinces of Canada (excluding Quebec) and in New York.